Jasper High School Band Scrip Program
Scrip is a fundraiser provided by our band that is offered throughout the school year and the program does not require students to sell anything. Band families and the band program earn revenue by purchasing gift cards.
How The Program Works
Families can order gift cards (or gift certificates) from a wide variety of merchants that participate in the Scrip program. You pay for them at face value; there are no additional fees charged to purchase them. Each month the band’s Scrip Coordinator will purchase these gift cards from a central provider at a discounted rate; the discount becomes our profit. These discounts range from a low of 2% up to as much as 25% from some retailers. When you go to a merchant or restaurant, simply use these gift cards instead of using cash or credit cards. They are worth their full face value.
Using our Scrip program to pay for goods and services in stores where you already shop, you can help the band boosters raise money to support the band. Scrip is exciting because everyone wins! The retailers get cash up front and receive your patronage. You get a powerful fundraising alternative that generates revenue for your student’s account and the band without your student having to sell anything.
The true beauty of Scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. Scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and dining out. Also, Scrip makes buying gifts for birthdays, special occasions and college students easy. Everyone loves receiving gift cards!
How does the rebate work?
Your student receives 90% of rebate earned while band keeps 10%. For example, if your order is $250 in Scrip gift cards and the rebate is 5%: Your student receives $11.25 (90% of rebate total $12.50) in account credit and Jasper Band keeps $1.25. This is just for purchasing a full face value of $250 gift card! You can use your student credit towards our spring trip and the banquet.
How To Order Scrip
All orders are placed online at shopwithscrip.com. The first time you order you will need to create an account (please follow the instructions below for creating an account). Once you have placed your online order, you will complete your payment in Membership Toolkit. Orders will be placed once a month and should be processed and ready for pick-up the week following the order due date. You can place your order at any time prior to the order due date.
No orders will be placed unless payment has been received!
Orders are due by the end of the school day on the order due date. Reminder notes will be sent via Charms prior to each month’s order due date. You will be contacted by e-mail once the group order has been received so pick-up arrangements for your individual order can be made.
New to Scrip Ordering
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- To register a new account, go to the Register box on the top right hand side of the page and click, "Register."
- Go to the bottom left box "Join a Scrip Program" and click on the box.
- Enter Jasper’s code: F863716E5325
- Enter your account information. If your last name differs from your child’s last name please use your child’s last name as the Username.
- System response with: Jasper HS/Plano, TX
Registered Users (returning customers do not have to re-register):
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Log-in using your previously created Username and Password.
- Click on heading "My Account."
- Click on "Manage Non-Profits" at bottom, right-hand side of page.
- If "Jasper HS" is not listed already, click on "Join another non-profit" and enter Jasper’s code: F863716E5325.
- If you are a member of more than one non-profit group, please make sure the order is re-set for Jasper HS/Plano, TX each time you order.
To Create an Order
- Click on "Shop" Tab (You will be prompted to log-in if you haven’t already done so).
- Add cards to shopping cart.
- Check out when finished shopping.
- Print your order 2 times: 1 for personal records, 1 for Scrip coordinator.
- Write a check for your order total payable to: Jasper Band Boosters. Make sure to write your student ID.
- Put your check and copy of the order in an envelope.
- Label envelope with your student’s name and "Scrip Order."
- Put envelope in the black box in the band hall prior to the order due date.
- You will receive an email when your order is ready to be picked up.
Order dates for the 2018-19 school year:
- Aug. 27 (Mon)
- Sept. 24 (Mon)
- Oct. 22 (Mon)
- Nov. 26 (Mon) THIS IS THE LAST ORDER BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- Jan. 9 (Wed)
- Feb. 25 (Mon) THIS IS THE LAST ORDER OF THE YEAR
10:00 a.m. is the deadline to drop your envelope with payment in the black box.
Contact: Celeste Latham at firstname.lastname@example.org