Jasper High School Band Boosters
The Jasper High School Band Boosters is the organization that supports our band students and includes ALL parents. It allows the band directors to focus on developing the talent of our students by coordinating activities for the band and by providing additional resources where necessary. We work closely with the band directors, who are also members of the Band Boosters Board, to assist them in whatever way possible.
In this day of cutbacks and fund decreases, it is essential that we supplement the limited funds that PISD allots to the band budget in order to enhance the educational experience of our students. The Jasper Band membership helps us continue the excellence of our JHS Band. The best thing you can do is become active in the Boosters. That doesn’t mean you have to volunteer for everything, but your participation is encouraged and appreciated. It takes an army of volunteers to make things run smoothly for the band and, although they won’t admit it, your kids actually like having their parents involved in some band activities!
The Band Boosters provide:
- Funds to cover the cost associated with the creation of the marching drills, which has been as much as $2,000 in previous years
- Additional band directors for sectional groups during band camp and instructors to help during marching and concert seasons
- Volunteers that work as chaperones and coordinate band activities for our students (e.g., pizza party)
- Newsletters throughout the year
- New equipment as needed
- Custom music arrangements
- Drum line and color guard instructor salaries
- Camp for drum majors
- TMEA Convention for band directors
- Other support as needed
Questions? Contact the Band Boosters President