Welcome to Jasper Band
This website is the fun and exciting place to get up-to-date news on all things Jasper Band! From registration, purchasing "Band Wear",to paying for various band fees, you've come to the right place. If you are new to the band or if you need to update information regarding your account, please click on the button below!
PAYMENT PROCESSING ANNOUNCEMENT:
Our website will now be processing payments using LumaPay powered by Stripe.
State Solo & Ensemble : May 28 & 30
3/17/2022 2:03 pm
STATE Solo & Ensemble
Congratulations to all the students who advanced to state!
To view the results click below:
2022 SOLO & ENSEMBLE RESULTS
To submit your payments options for Solo or Ensemble click on the button below:
DEADLINE for fee payment is April 16th.
If you are planning to participate please fill out the google forms below along with your payments:
DEADLINE for submitting the forms below is Wednesday, March 30th.
Regarding Accompanists, you will be responsible for hiring your own accompanist or opt to use the service in Austin that provides accompanists for hire. Please contact Mr. Johnson if you wish to do the latter.
For Ensembles (only 1 member per group needs to fill out the Ensemble form):
Questions? Please contact Mr. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For technical issues regarding payment, etc, please contact Tin-Man at email@example.comRead More
All Region Band Fall 2022
10/22/2021 10:53 pm
All-Region Band Auditions are coming up!
November 15: 9the Grade All REGION
December 3: 6A Phase 1 ALL-REGION (all high school students),
**Phase 2 will be on Dec 5th
- Wind Ensemble & Symphonic 9th graders should audition for both 9th grade & 6A HS All Region (but Concert1/2 9th graders may opt only for 9th Grade Region)
- All times are TBA within the time frame given, (i.e students won't be required to stay all day for the auditions)
Everyone is encouraged to participate! Freshman All-Region Auditions are on Nov 15, and 6A Phase 1 All-Region Auditions are on December 3rd. If you advance to Phase 2 those auditions will be held Dec 5.
The link to the Jasper's All Region ENTRY FORM and PAYMENT button can be found below:
ALL-REGION ENTRY FORM
DEADLINE for FORMS and PAYMENT is OCTOBER 28Read More
Items Needed for Band
7/26/2021 4:53 pm
Band is an exciting experience where kids get together, work hard and enjoy each with music and hard work!
Band also has more gear than the other musical disciplines.
There are items that students must order on our website, please click "read more" to review those. These items listed below are supplies/uniform gear which can be purchased in area stores or online:
1. Khaki Shorts (length must also comply with PISD's dress code)
CLICK HERE to view other examples of acceptable styles
2. Foundations for Superior Performance,
by Richard Williams and Jeff King, also known as the blue book. We used this book last year at Jasper and it is used by some middle school bands. There is no need to purchase a new book if you already have a copy. Be sure to purchase the correct book for your instrument. Percussionists should purchase the Percussion book.
3. Essential Musicianship, for Band, Ensemble Concepts, by Eddie Green, John Benzer and David Bertman.
This is an orange book. We used this book last year at Jasper. Be sure to purchase the correct book for your instrument. Percussionists should purchase the Percussion book.
4. 101 Rhythmic Rest Patterns,by Grover C. Yaus. This book was also used last year at Jasper. Be sure to purchase the correct book for your instrument. Percussionists should purchase the Drums book.
5. Lyre and flip folder for marching and stand music. *Flutes only need the flip folder.Read More
Under the direction of Director Kyle Johnson and Assistant Band Director Noah Patton (Joined in 2022), the band includes four full concert bands, a jazz ensemble program, percussion ensembles, color guard, and a marching band of 200 members. The band has consistently earned exemplary awards at University Interscholastic League (UIL) state competitions, receiving first division ratings in marching, concert, and sightreading contests.
Band requires many volunteers!
Look below for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
To find out more, click HERE.
All volunteers must submit their background check through PISD Voly System. Click button to apply for the 2021-2022 year.
Game Days 2022
- Wednesday, August 24 @ Kimborough
- Wednesday, September 7 @ Clark
- Thursday, September 29 @ Clark
- Thursday, October 6 @ Kimborough
- Friday, October 7 @ Plano West
- Thursday, October 27@ Kimborough
Sign UP via MTK for:
PRE-UIL & UIL
Contact our Volunteer VP