Mandatory Uniform Fittings - July 29
Author: Kyla Ahnemann
Date: 7/21/2023 2:43 pm
Saturday, July 29
JASPER HIGH SCHOOL Band Hall
- Every student is REQUIRED to wear their uniform at designated marching performances. Please make every effort to have your uniform fitting completed on July 29th, 2023.
- To minimize wait time, it is imperative that you come during your assigned time ONLY. If you cannot make your appointed time, please come at 11:00 – 11:30am.
- Please arrive 15 min before your scheduled time and plan to be at the school for an hour for the entire fitting process.
- Enter through the entrance near the tennis courts (North Parking Lot).
Please see below for the schedule:
Please wear gym shorts, a T-shirt, closed toe shoes and socks for the uniform fitting. NO cargo shorts, please.
Sophomores, if you plan to re-use your band shoes or socks from last year, you MUST bring them with you to uniform fitting or you will be required to re-order!
Drumline snare and tenor players, please bring your drum harness to the fitting!
Guards, you don’t need to come to uniform fitting. Please pick up your spirit wear from the band director in camp or class.
If you cannot make the uniform fitting on Saturday, July 29th, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Uniform Chair) at your earliest convenience. You will be notified when another time to fit your student’s uniform is scheduled.
Jasper Band Uniform Fitting Process
The uniform fitting process consists of the following six steps.
Step 1: Registration/Check-in. This 1st station is located near the Tennis Court entrance.
- Once you check in, volunteers will hand you 2 label cards: 1) hat box and 2) for the uniform garment bag.
- Detailed instructions will be provided before you proceed to the next station.
Step 2: Spirit Wear.
- If you pre-ordered Spirit wear, you may pick it up here.
- Both current and “Vintage” spirit wear will be available for purchase. Vintage spirit wear will be sold at a steep discount.
- All spirit wear sales with CASH only!
Step 3: Gloves/Shoes/Socks. Station 3, 4 and 5 will be in the Band Hall. The Gloves/Shoes/Socks station is at the corner by the directors’ office.
- *Please wear socks for the shoe fitting, as marching socks are pretty thick and you would want to make sure the shoe size fits.
- Freshmen are required to be fitted for gloves/shoes/socks.
- Sophomores must bring their shoes/socks to the fitting. If they still fit, they do not have to purchase them this year.
- Gloves, however MUST be fitted and a new pair purchased yearly.
Step 4: Hat. This station is located in the uniform closet.
- Every student needs to go to the station even if your marching role (front ensemble and sousaphones) doesn’t require a hat.
- Please give one of your label cards to the main hat volunteer to label your hat box.
Step 5: Uniform. Go to the center/main area of the band hall to be fitted for the uniform.
- This is the most time-consuming part of the uniform fitting process, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation during this step.
- *Please hand the remaining label card to the adult volunteer to label your garment bag.
- The adult volunteer will write down your uniform information on the back of the label.
- If your uniform needs alteration and/or ironing, please carry the entire set of your uniform along with the garment bag and label card to one of the ironing stations.
- You need to stay with your uniform until it’s completely done.
Step 6: Check-out.
- Exit the band hall WITH your uniform inside the garment bag via the north doors towards the check-out station.
- Volunteers will mark all the information down and then take your uniform back to the uniform rack.
- Any remaining balance on your account will need to be paid at this time unless arrangements have been made.
There are signs on the walls to guide the direction of the uniform fitting process. Our volunteers are also eager to answer any questions you may have. Just ask!
One parent is welcome to accompany their child while they are being fitted in the Band Hall. While waiting for fitting you are free to browse the Spirit Wear table and complete any outstanding payments.
Thank you very much for your support!